There are a number of forms of emotional distress. But no matter what form it takes, it impacts our ability to positively interact with those around us and can have a negative effect on our ability to make sound decisions. Counseling can bring relief from the pain, improve how we interact with others, and strengthen our relationships with those we love.
People Inc. provides counseling for a broad range of issues such as:
· Stress, anxiety or depression
· Addiction - drug, alcohol, tobacco, other behavioral addictions
· Domestic Violence - coping with the emotional and behavioral damages for the individual or group, treatment for anger management
· Anger Management - identify and treatment for the source of the anger, teaching coping skills and reaction techniques
· Divorce - coping with the mental, emotional, physical and financial process of uncoupling
· Parenting Support - achieving sound and consistent parental techniques for children of all ages, reactions to change, workshops
· Relationships - interpersonal difficulties in regards to relationships or assertiveness, treatment plans designed to sustain or rebuild positive healthy relationships
· Bereavement, Grief and Loss - death, divorce, break ups, parental divorce, other personal losses
· Self-Harm - thoughts of suicide, death, hurting others, cutting, drug and alcohol abuse, other
Discovering the courage to change is the first and most important step you or your family can take in order to begin the healing process. Talking with one of our counselors can be beneficial in many ways. Counseling gives you the opportunity to focus on yourself or your family as a group. It also provides an experienced and caring person to openly listen to you and allows you to gain insight from the perspective of another. Finally, counseling can help formulate a specialized treatment plan that teaches you the coping skills needed to enhance your personal relationships and lead a more satisfying and productive life.
If you are dealing with any of the above challenges or are experiencing undiagnosed stress or unhappiness in your life, it may be beneficial to you and your loved ones to dedicate some time towards working on these hardships through counseling at People, Inc.
Our individual and family counseling services are a confidential, collaborative effort between you (or your family) and your personal counselor. People, Inc. counselors always provide an open and supportive environment for you to feel comfortable and at home in. We know how important it is for someone who is dealing with tough issues to trust their counselor and feel comfortable during therapy, so we go to great lengths to build both a trusting relationship and a comfortable environment with each and every session. We believe these to be the crucial building blocks for the healing process to begin. No problem is ever too big or too small.
Over the past three decades, People Inc. has been effectively counseling individuals and families from all walks of life, helping them find positive solutions to their respective issues. Our team of highly-trained and educated counselors provides services with the highest level of compassion, caring, dignity, and confidentiality and work diligently to formulate a specialized treatment plan to fit your needs. At People, Inc., our goals is nothing less than to see you or your family successfully overcome your immediate difficulties, then equip you with the tools you will need to face these problems again in the future.